Kaspersky Rescue Disk loading procedure
To continue loading Kaspersky Rescue Disk:
- In the start up wizard window that opens, select the graphic interface language using the cursor moving keys. Click the button.
A window with various options will open.
- Select one of the following start up methods:
For some hardware and software configurations booting from hard drive is not available. In this case, remove your removable drive from the USB socket, reboot and make sure that in BIOS settings the hard drive with operating system is specified as a boot device.
- Kaspersky Rescue Disk. Graphic Mode loads the graphic subsystem.
- Kaspersky Rescue Disk. Text Mode loads the text user interface represented by the console file manager.
You can also get and save information on the installed hardware, start the computer from hard drive, restart or shut down the computer using the corresponding option from the list.
Click the button.
As a result, a Linux operating system will start up then the hardware will be detected and file systems on hard and removable drives will be searched for. The names used in the installed operating system are assigned to all file systems and removable drives.
If the loaded operating system is in sleep mode or its operation has been completed incorrectly, you will be asked to mount the file system or restart the computer. In this case select one of the three options:
- . The application will continue mounting the file system, but there is a fairly high risk of file system damage.
- . The application will skip file system mounting. Only boot sectors and autorun elements will be scanned.
Some file systems can be mounted.
- . This will allow you to boot from the hard drive to shut down the operating system correctly.
The boot sequence is the following:
- Searching the Microsoft Windows swap file pagefile.sys. If it is missing, the volume of the virtual memory is limited by the RAM size.
- Creating the folders for anti-virus databases, reports, Quarantine and additional files.
- Network connections configuration based on data found in system files of the computer being loaded.
- The Anti-Virus start if graphic mode was selected. The file manager start with the opened user menu if text mode was selected.