Changing the scan method
To change the scan method:
- Open the main application window.
- Click the Objects Scan section.
link in the top part of the window. This opens the
- In the Settings button.
section click the
- In the window that opens, select the Additional tab.
- In the Scan methods section select the scan method:
- . Signature analysis uses the Kaspersky Rescue Disk database, which contains descriptions of known threats and methods for eradicating them. Protection using signature analysis provides a minimal level of security. Following the recommendations of Kaspersky Lab’s experts, this method is always enabled.
- . The scan is based on the analysis of typical sequences of operations, allowing a reasonably certain conclusion about the nature of the file. The advantage of using this method is that new threats are detected before virus analysts have encountered them.
You can also set the detail level for scans: light, medium, or deep. To do this, move the slider bar to the selected position.