Writing Kaspersky Rescue Disk
To write a Kaspersky Rescue Disk image to a removable media:
- Load the Kaspersky Rescue Disk .iso image from the Kaspersky Lab server.
- Create a folder with the name on your removable drive.
- Copy the image to your removable drive (<Removable drive>:\rescue) and rename it to .
- Open the image with any .iso image editors (for instance, ).
- Copy the following files to your removable drive (<Removable drive>:\rescue) from the
- Copy the livecd file from the image to your removable drive (<Removable drive>:\) (rename to liveusb before copying).
- Modify the Open with option. In the window that opens, select the option. Click the button. Select the application and click the OK button. In the file that opens, replace root (hd0) with root (hd1). Save changes.
content, located in the iso image under the following path: . To do this, select the file and right-click it to open the menu and select the
The content should be modified when working with Kaspersky Rescue Disk written to a removable drive. It is essential for an operating system correct boot from hard drive.
For some hardware and software configurations booting from hard drive is not available. In this case, remove your removable drive from the USB socket, reboot and make sure that in BIOS settings the hard drive with operating system is specified as a boot device.
- Delete everything, except the folder, from the image. Save changes.
- Copy the original rescueusb.iso and rescue.iso.
is used only for loading grub2 and booting Linux.
image to <Removable drive>:\rescue. Now you have two .iso images on the removable drive:
- Click the http://nufans.net/grub4dos/grub4dos-0.4.4-2009-10-16.zip link to download an archive. Unpack it to the corresponding folder. Open the unpacked folder.
- Copy the following files from the specified folder to the root of your removable drive:
Modify the Open with option. In the window that opens, select the Select an application from the list manually option. Click the OK button. Select the application and click the OK button. Replace all the file content with the following expression, following the syntax strictly:
content. To do this, select the file and right-click it to open the menu and select the
map (hd0,0)/rescue/rescueusb.iso (0xff) || map --mem (hd0,0)/rescue/rescueusb.iso (0xff)
- Obtain the number assigned to your removable disk.
To do this, in the task pane of your operating system select Start ® ® Administrative Tools ® . In the window that opens, select Disk Management from the drop-down list. In the right part of the window a list of connected drives will open. Select your removable drive and remember its number.
- Use the http://download.gna.org/grubutil/grubinst-1.1-bin-w32-2008-01-01.zip link to download an archive.
- Open the command line. To do this, in the task pane of your operating system select the ® Run and in the field enter .
- In the command line enter N is your disk number.